Have you ever spent hours trying to figure out a problem and after you walk away from it or you just give up trying to solve it, then the solution just comes to you?
Or you try to remember a persons name for a long time then suddenly in the middle of the night the names pops into your head.
Actively working on the problem for hours on end will not help you solve it. Your brain is too active and too easily distracted.
Sometimes the best solution for solving a problem or just being more productive is to just walk away and quiet your mind.
Take some time every day and just do nothing. Here are a few ways to let your mind wander while you relax and a few things to avoid.
- Take a walk outside – preferably in a park or in a nature setting.
- Try meditation – meditation comes in many forms, but the point here is too just empty your mind.
- Try Tai Chi – this ancient Chinese mind-body practice is perfect for relaxing. Also referred to as “meditation in motion”.
- Yoga – an ancient Hindu mind-body practice, helps to reduce stress and helps you become calm and centered.
- Do deep breathing exercises – Breathing deeply helps you calm down and feel more relaxed.
- Get a massage – There is nothing like a great massage to relax. If money is tight, some massage schools let students work on clients at a discount.
- Listen to a nature sounds CD while closing your eyes and relaxing, doing yoga or meditating.
- Listen to nature by actually going to a remote area and relaxing.
The mind cannot relax and come up with solutions if you are busying it doing something else.
- Avoid reading
- Avoid the television
- Avoid the radio or music
Do whatever it takes to help you to relax your mind and you will increase your productivity.
How do you relax your mind?
1 thought on “Do Nothing, To Be More Productive”
“Do Nothing To Be More Productive”
I love the title!